I figured out how to get rid of the cone shape in the crown of the hippie beanie. I studied the pattern closely and saw that the first three rounds were all the same number of stitches/groups. The fourth round was the first one that actually increased the number of stitches/groups. Usually in making beanies you increase each round until about the 5th or sixth round most of which will contain 60 stitches. So I just did the 4th round instructions after the 2nd round then did the instructions for round 3.Then followed the rounds in order as written.
There was also a bit of a problem with the beanie being kinda loose at the edge. The beanie was not staying snug to the head. So to remedy that I only did 1 chain between the two double crochet groups instead of 2 as instructed, starting with round 9. I implemented both fixes crocheting this pink and white hippie beanie.
I continue to package and label my crochet projects. I have 57 projects packaged so far.
This is a small portion of the packaged projects.
I have been sending them through the dryer with a dryer sheet to freshen them up, because they have been stored for a while in my big pink storage bin.This has been working well until I pulled the Mushroom v-stitch beanie out of the dryer. It had started to unravel at the top of the crown. It was one of the older things I had crocheted so I was not too surprised. It just showed my skills and knowledge about joining new colors has improved in the last 3 years. I decided not to try to fix it but to frog it instead.
I had a solid granny square started, I was going to make it large enough to cover my queen bed. I was going to add the mushroom beanie yarn to the solid granny square. Then I decided I would rather frog the square too and use all the yarn in the other simple triangle shawl that I started at the beginning of this year.
In between the packaging and frogging I finished this dark orchid skull-cap. I am going to start another one in orchid using the same variegated yarn for the stripe. It will make a good project for this rainy day (Sunday August 19th). 😀
The stats for this beanie can be seen on the Projects page.